Thank you to Old Navy and Shopstyle for sponsoring this post.
I’ve never made it any secret that the holiday season is my favourite time of year. I get really excited as October comes to a close and people won’t side-eye me for starting to put up Christmas decorations.
I also start my Christmas shopping way in advance. We are talking months, and months so I always have to make sure that I keep a detailed record of what I have bought for whom. Otherwise, I can go overboard without even realizing it.
As much as I love the holidays though, we never really had a lot of “traditions” per se. We embraced everything wholeheartedly but I wanted to have something small that we did as a family each year.
A few years ago I decided that I would start the tradition of a Christmas Eve box for the girls (although I did include my husband last year). In the box, I would put a new pair of pyjamas, some cozy socks or slippers, a few edible treats, and a book or movie to enjoy on Christmas Eve.
Old Navy is the store I go to pick up most of these pieces. I love the seasonal prints and how you can often get the same print on both adult’s and children’s pyjamas. Not that my girls are into matching all the time, but when there was a print they both wanted (anything with a cat print) this made things a lot easier since my oldest daughter now wear women’s sizes.
I have already bought the pieces for this year’s boxes and I included them in the above collage. I also included a few other items that are on the family Holiday Wish List, and snuck in a few pieces for me (hello oversized plaids).
From now through November 26th at Old Navy you can save 50% off all Jeans, Sweaters, and Outerwear. Now is the perfect time to pick up some pieces and check some people off your list!
- Patterned Flannel Classic Shirt – This one is for me. I live in oversized plaid shirts at home. Pairing them with some leggings, or pyjama pants they are the ultimate in comfort.
- Textured Knit Gloves – in yellow which is Merle’s (my youngest daughter’s) favourite colour.
- Two-Piece Graphic Pajamas for Girls – She alternates between animal print pyjamas and some sort of character like this elf print.
- Cozy Socks for Women – Everyone is getting a pair. Dinosaurs for Roo, Cats for Merle, and the rainbow Merry for me.
- Frost-free pullover Vest – I absolutely LOVE the retro feel to this vest. It adds a fun twist to any outfit.
- Sleeveless V-neck Midi Dress – Need I say more? Every woman’s closet needs a slip dress.
- Mid-rise Distressed Pop Icon Skinny Jeans – I tried these on last week and they fit well. They have the perfect amount of stretch, and the rise is where I like it to be.
- Hooded Frost-free Puffer Jackets for Girls – This is a puffer jacket that is lightweight but warm. Look at the lush colours these come in……and once again yellow 🙂
- Plush Critter Slide Slippers – comes in a variety of cute animals and would make a perfect addition to a gift of pyjamas.
- Patterned Flannel Pyjama Set for women – I’m debating between the buffalo plaid or the snow globe print for me.
- Sherpa Coat for Women – when I first saw this coat I immediately thought of how it could be worn. It gave me such retro vibes that I visualized it worn over a slim turtleneck tucked into some high waist, wide-leg jeans, or some straight leg jeans tucked into knee-high, block heel boots.
- Plaid Flannel for Girls – I was so excited to see plaid shirts for girls in these colours. While Merle’s favourite colour may be yellow, she prefers to wear darker colours and we often have to shop in the boy’s department to find them. She lives in plaid shirts over t-shirts, so this one came home with me.
- Sherpa-Lined Jean Jacket – This is on Roo’s (my oldest) wish list. She is very descriptive with what she wants it to look like and this style seems to check all the boxes. I was pretty excited when I saw it.
- Slim-fit Striped Turtleneck – I am all about the turtleneck this season, and I can’t seem to get enough of them. I like how this one is a venture from the traditional striped colours you usually see.
- Cozy Sherpa Lounge Pullover – For me again. The best bedtime shirt for comfort and warmth. I’m always cold and I actively seek out pieces like this.
- Sueded Sherpa-Lined High-Tops – For that weather when there is little to no snow, but it is still too cold for regular sneakers.
- Sherpa Slipper Socks – Nothing says comfort quite like tucking pulling these on before you got to bed in winter with the window cracked open.
- Rib-knit Control Top Tights – These also come in grey and are a necessity if you like to wear skirts and dresses in the winter. I also like to wear these layered under my distressed jeans when it is cold out.
- Plush Sherpa 1/4 Zip Pullover – A great piece to layer under a jacket when you are out walking in the cold.
Happy Holidays, and happy shopping!