One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six | Seven | Eight | Nine | Ten | Eleven | Twelve | Thirteen | Fourteen | Fifteen | Sixteen | Seventeen | Eighteen | Nineteen | Twenty | Twenty-one | Twenty-two | Twenty-three | Twenty-four |
Are any of your kids super dramatic about relatively small things? Both of mine are. They get it from their dad. They hate needles as all kids do, and we went to get our flu shots yesterday.
Merle was so nervous she was sweating profusely which made it difficult to get her arm out of her sweatshirt to get the shot.
After I peeled it off her, her clammy arm was covered in blue fuzz from the sweatshirt which we had to wipe off with an alcohol wipe before getting the needle.
Roo really, really hates needles. She gets herself worked up and usually ends up crying.
This year she didn’t cry (she didn’t want to ruin her eyeliner). But she did have a borderline panic attack. I brought her to an area to breathe and sit for a bit until she calmed down.
There was one point where she started to sway and said she was going to vomit, and I thought she was going to pass out.
She then said her vision went black for a second and since she has never fainted before she thought she was having a reaction to the vaccine and it made her blind.
See. Dramatic 😉
They both recovered fully after I bought them Starbucks.
On a positive note, Tom found the Beetlejuice sign from Spirit Halloween that is sold out everywhere.
I’m pretty stoked about it.
It’s Thanksgiving here this weekend, so if you are Canadian Happy Thanksgiving!
I made the mistake of going to the grocery store on a Friday night before a holiday weekend. Not my brightest move.
Weekly Reads and Videos:
- 60 hits of 1991 in 3 1/2 minutes. I love the 90s.
- Making decisions with nature in mind. Sir David Attenborough is now on Instagram and I am totally here for it.
- Radio instruction in the 1937 Polio Epidemic
- Snowball Fight, the Lumiere Brothers 1896 film gets restored in colour.
- 14,000-year-old Bison Sculptures
- The Grateful Dead Movie
- Accidentally Wes Anderson is now a hardcover book.
- This artist brings ceramics to life.
- Explaining the Pandemic to my past self Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3. These are really funny.
You might also like:
Last week’s Weekly Reads and Finds
This post contains affiliate links. By using my links to shop I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you). Thanks for supporting what I do