One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six | Seven | Eight | Nine | Ten | Eleven | Twelve | Thirteen | Fourteen | Fifteen | Sixteen | Seventeen | Eighteen | Nineteen | Twenty | Twenty-one | Twenty-two | Twenty-three | Twenty-four | Twenty-five | Twenty-six
SHOP THE POST
Some where along the way Memorial Day weekend has almost turned into as big of an event as Black Friday when it comes to sales. I’m not sure when the meaning of the weekend switched to barbecues and shopping versus what the day really means, but these sales are far and wide. Even as a Canadian I have been bombarded with sales emails and coupon codes, so today’s Reads and Finds is compiled with things that are currently on sale.
Here are a few of the sales that you can find this weekend:
- Nordstrom — The Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale – Up to 40% off items
- ShopBop — Save up to 40%. Plus, free shipping & returns
- LOFT – 40% OFF Everything – Code: LONGWKND
- Banana Republic – 40% OFF Everything – Code: BRSUMMER
- J.Crew – 40% OFF Purchase – Code: GETAWAY
- J.Crew Factory – 50% OFF Everything – Code: WINWIN
- Ann Taylor – 40% OFF Purchase – Code: SOREADY
- Anthropologie – Extra 40% OFF SALE
- Madewell – 20% OFF dresses with code PRETTYPLEASE
- Express – Everything up to 50% OFF
- H&M – Deals from $5
- Old Navy – 50% OFF Select Items
- Target – Up to 30% Home & Patio
Weekly Reads (and maybe videos):
Can You Guess the Friends Episode Based on a Single Image? I have watched this series a million times and I bombed at this :/
What’s Going On In Your Child’s Brain When You Read Them A Story? I still read to both girls everyday. We never skip bedtime stories with Merle and during the day I read from classic literature to Roo….and Merle who is always listening. She loved Lord of the Flies and Animal Farm in particular which seems so weird for a 7 year old.
17 Terrifying Things That’ve Happened When A Woman Rejected A Man’s Advances. It was until I was older that I realized how desensitized I was to it when I was younger. It was automatic to come up with an excuse or lie about having a boyfriend so you wouldn’t have to straight up reject a guy. The fear of this type of reaction was so ingrained that it became “normal” to do so, when it should be anything but normal. Even today I find that I am often overly nice to men that talk to me when I am out alone because I am still scared.
The Scariest Real Places on Planet Earth. I don’t know about you, but I very much want to visit some of these.
Merle is watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 for the first time (I said that we had to read the books before she saw the movies) and she had forgotten Hedwig dies, so she is currently moaning, “Why Hedwig, Why?” for the last 20 minutes.