Outfit 1 – Oversized sweatshirt (I went up a size for a large fit) • Faux leather leggings (you need to up the size in these for a regular fit) | Knit Beanie | Adidas |
Outfit 2 – Striped Shirt | Cropped Jeans (on sale for $18) | Leather Jacket | Sock Boots | Purse |
Outfit 3 – Kimono Shirt (similar) | Trench (similar) | Shoes (less expensive version here and here) | Purse vintage (similar)
SHOP THE POST
On Friday my oldest became a teenager. It’s so crazy how fast time flies. It always sounds like a cliché when people say but it’s true and it makes me sad. I really need to start forcing her to take more pictures. That sound bad, but my heart breaks at the huge gaps I have in between photographs of her. She hates taking them but I need them. It’s important to me and I think one day she will like being able to look back on the times in her life. She didn’t ask for much or want to do much for her birthday but did ask for me to try to make the cake that Hagrid made Harry in The Philosopher’s Stone. I think I did okay with my reproduction of it since it’s supposed to look like a slightly botched job 😉
I missed my Weekly Reads and Finds post from Saturday because we were out celebrating her birthday and I took a small social media break this weekend, (and I already flooded you with posts through the week so I figure you would appreciate not hearing from me 😉 So this is a sort of combination of the two posts.
Weekly Reads (and maybe videos):
- If you are spastic cook like me and are always second guessing yourself with measurements when reducing a recipe size then I have a site for you. If you copy and paste your ingredients for a recipe into the box on this page and then pick what size you want to reduce to it will give you the measurements kind of like Google Translate works within the box beside. I totally have this bookmarked because I always changing recipe sizes, but it also will multiply recipes and give you alternative instructions when you have a different pan size.
- I really love any video that puts in to perspective the timeline of the earth and how in the grand scheme were are just a tiny blip on the radar (although we have done tremendous damage in our short time). It’s so interesting to see how the Ancient Egyptians are closer to the time of the Tyrannosaurus Rex than T-Rex is to the earth’s beginning. Mind boggling. It also makes me shake my head when I see the flat earth movement becoming more prevalent like this guy. The best comments about the flat earth video, “If the earth really was flat, cats would have pushed everything off the edge a long time ago.”, and “I don’t believe in science”….says the man launching himself skyward using a boatload of science…..” sometimes the comment section makes me lose faith in humanity and then sometimes it is filled with gems like this that restore it.
- When you see it broken down like this you really do realize how The Neverending Story was Bleak AF. I still think about Atreyu and Artax dying with the immense sadness I felt at around 6 years old.
- A Canadian PHD student makes groundbreaking cancer discovering. I love reading stories like this. I gives hope when it seems that everyone around you is affected by cancer.
- When Lego building meets real life. I would honestly loves these for the girls’ room. Such a smart and creative idea.
Weekly Finds for Cyber Monday:
- I don’t know if you were aware but Ebay offers Cyber Monday deals like up to 90% off all categories plus free shipping.
- Target has an additional 15% discount built in to pricing and will also be applied to anything that is currently on sale. They are offering the Sony Playstation VR Gran Turismo Sport Bundle for $300. A free $20 Target Gift Card with the purchase of BeatsX earphones, or Beats EP Headphones. The Kitcheaid 4.5qt Classic Plus Stand Mixer for $199, and the Keurig K200 Single-Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker for $89.99 (plus a free $20 Target GiftCard). Also a huge selection of Toys are up to 50% off. Every Christmas list can be checked off before December 1st.
- Amazon will once again be having deals all day that change-up every few hours so if there is something you are looking for in particular you need to pay attention. You can find great deals on technology, cookware, and even magazine subscriptions.
- Topshop is still running an up to 50% off plus free shipping to round off the sale weekend. These sock boots are like the ones I bought from Topshop last year (but have a slightly larger heel) and are on sale. A pretty fab peplum blazer for a great deal (limited sizes left), a sweatshirt with a fun accent, and the classic trench.
- J.Crew is still 40% off but with an additional 10% off until noon Monday with the code SHOPFAST. Also with free shipping so get on it and shop fast because there are some pretty great things on sale. My friend has been debating this coat since the sale started. I’m in the market for winter boots and these look cute and hardy.
- Urban Outfitters is $50 off purchases $150 or more, and $15 off of $75 or more. I always find things I love here in both home and clothing. It’s one of my favourite stores to wander around and it totally reminds me of how I used to dress in 1994/95. Maybe that’s why I like it 😉 This cardigan looks like my oversized cardigan that I have (and love) from Zara that is sold out. An embroidered sweater that’s beautiful (and also looks like a Zara one that I have), some fun stocking stuffers, and an ornament that Merle would love and would use all year-long.
- And I just got this email two seconds before I hit publish so I thought I would squeeze it in her. H&M is 30% off everything with free shipping using code 5038.
SHOP THE POST