I threw in some Saint Patrick’s day (green shoes) and Ides of March pieces today for some fun, although I really want that pencil holder. I think Roo might have successfully finished cleaning her room this week. It only took how long? Now I am going to get to making that Star Wars Duvet for her from the Pottery Barn sheets I was able to score from Ebay on discount. I just need to iron them, but the problem is that I don’t have an ironing board. How does one iron a gigantic sheet without an ironing board? Any ideas?
I had another Zara return today :/ Not one item from the last four online purchases have worked out for me and it’s getting ridiculous. I truly thought that this dress was going to be a winner but it just didn’t look right on me, so I am a little disappointed. I’ll keep looking because I really want a few more dresses for the summer time. Have you found any good ones lately?
SHOP THE POST
Weekly Reads (and maybe videos):
- Ancient Human Groups Mated with the Mysterious Denisovans at Least Twice. I love reading things like this, it shows how truly mixed the DNA of human beings is.
- Scott Kelly’s year in space changed his Gene Expression. This is crazy.
- A Day in the Life of an Ancient Athenian. I love Ted-ed videos.
- This clothing line is saving textile waste and paying fair wages. This is so cool and inspiring. Did you see the Bowie shirt?
- These photos are so awesome. My girls loved going through them. I love creative people.
- Topshop Stripe jacquard jumpsuit – I’m still on the jumpsuit fence and I love how casual, comfortable, and cute this one would be for summer.
- J.Crew French bralette for those of us small titty committee members 😉 It comes in a lot of colours too.
- Anthropologie Antiqued Spectacles – It would be better if they were real antiques, but for that price I’d be happy with them 😉
- & Other Stories swimsuit. Perfect star placement that perfectly adds some fun to a plain black swimsuit.
- J.Crew Embroidered Floral Popover comes in 3 colours, but I love the red best.
- Urban Originals Break Away Vegan Leather Tote for those that don’t like real leather. It comes in black as well.
- Jeffrey Campbell Cryptic Mule Heel. The heels on these shoes are AWESOME.
- Anthropologie Marbled Wood Vessel because I am a sucker for little jars, and desk/table top storage containers.
- & Other Stories Army Jacket. I love the colour, and the cut of this staple piece. I would live in jackets if I could.
- & Other Stories Straw Circle Bag. You know I have a thing for them at the moment. I really like that this one is navy blue (also in tan).
- Lolara Beaded Pendant light. I have low ceilings but if they were higher I would really like this one hanging over my chair.
- Fjallraven Kanken Backpack. I have decided that I need a backpack, and this one comes in a million colours.
- Urban Outfitters Gentleman Kit-Cat Clock. This one isn’t vintage but I have always wanted one of these.
- Zara Contrasting Rafia Ballerinas. These would be perfect for the summer time. Nice and airy, but classic looking.
- Reva Sideboard. I love shelves like this. It would look fantastic in the skinny little bit of wall space I have in the living room.
- J.Crew Billie demi-boot crop jean. The cut and colour of these jeans are perfection.
- H&M Feather bordered mirror. Currently on sale and currently want for my bedroom.
- Urban Outfitters Daniella Floral Comforter Snooze Set. The Print on this comforter is gorgeous. It’s much better than the plain white duvet cover I have.
- Zara Geometric Print Minaudière. Such a cute little statement purse.
- & Other Stories Belted Denim Jacket. This one reminds me of the blue kimono top that I have (and love) from Madewell.
- Topshop Friday woven lace up sandals. I think a pair of sandals in green might be on my wish list this year.
- Topshop Open back suede loafers. Another green pair of shoes that are fantastic. They remind me of leprechaun shoes.
- Ides of March pencil holder. Because this week was the Ides of March, and because I want one really, really bad.
- Topshop Contrast v neck jumper. I love the colour combination of this sweater and that the waistline is shorter.
- J.Crew Multistripe Cora crisscross sandals. These are so, so fun and would look perfect with any summer outfit.
I didn’t get as much done this week as I wanted but I did accomplish more than I thought I was going to. Win?
You check out more of my Weekly Reads and Finds here