First off, I am not a Valentine’s Day fan. I actually quite dislike it, but I know many people do enjoy it and one of my kids really loves it, so I thought I would pull some Valentine’s themed pieces this week. I’m usually a pretty basic Valentine gift giver. Each kid and hubby gets a card, and this year I am buying them each a bag of their favourite gummies from the gourmet gummy store. That’s it 😉
Second, tonight while Roo was at a class I went and did a try-on of some clothes to give myself some spring inspiration. I found some good pieces and others that I thought would be good from online photos which turned out not so good on me :/ It was a little disappointing but I have some new things to add to my spring wish list.
If you have an aversion to pink my above picks might not be for you 😉
SHOP THE POST
Weekly Reads (and maybe videos):
- Period Panties Find the Puny in Menstruation. These are actually pretty funny and I would totally wear them.
- This video made me laugh a lot. I’m sure that every parent suffers from this though. Disclaimer: the video has some swearing so if little ears are around you might want to turn down the volume.
- This would be totally awesome if it came to pass. I can be packed and ready to go in under an hour 😉
- I love, love, love looking at photos of places through the different decades like these vintage photos of grocery stores.
- My oldest has a new-found passion for dinosaurs which is something that usually hits them when they are young. But this interest has her seriously contemplating a career in this field which I think is amazing. She recently showed me this article all excited before she went into a half hour lecture about dinosaurs to me. I need to find her some kind of palaeontology course to help her pursue this interest.
- I’m a sucker for kimonos and this Burgundy, velvet kaftan is gorgeous. I want it.
- These rose pillows come in three colours, Pink, grey, and white and make a perfect accent to a bed or furniture.
- I have a thing for lights like these. There is also one that I really like that says Where Love Lives.
- Pink mules for spring in a great price. Need I say more?
- The perfect little black dress that will transition through every season. It is cute and casual for a summer day, and super sexy at night with a pair of heels.
- I seriously neglect myself in the cute undergarment category but this little bra is so fun for us small tata ladies.
- I’m pretty sure that this card is the funniest one I have ever seen. This is the type of Valentine card that I would love to receive..
- A mantra bracelet. This one says She Believed She Could, So She Did and would be a perfect gift both my girls. It comes in Gold, silver, and rose gold finishes.
- Every single time I go in to this store I almost buy myself a pair of reading socks. Every time. I should probably do it right?
- An I Love You plate. The perfect message for a loved one to read when they finish their meal.
- These satin shorts would be perfect for sleeping in. They also come in pink and red.
- What I need desperately is a good quality water bottle. Seriously though, it gets hard to exercise while having to run into the kitchen to grab your glass of water because your scared you are going to spill it. I hear these bottles are really nice.
- They are both red and Adidas. That seems like the perfect shoe to me.
- A pink, satin blazer with heart buttons. How cute is that? I would rock this with some high-waisted jeans and a rock shirt.
- I’m a sucker for gummies so champagne flavoured gummy bears sound delightful.
- A Kate Spade Heart Scarf is the perfect accessory, not just for Valentine’s Day.
- Add little humour to your Valentine’s with a book on Crap Dates.
- If you are still in the market for a faux fur jacket then this Magenta one is killer. It’s definitely a statement piece.
- Zara always has great purses and this woven heart purse is no exception.
- Make a statement with this Love necklace. I have a necklace that says happy that is like this. I love it.
- This plush blanket comes in an array of colours. I’m not sure which one I would pick, but I think I like the green.
- A cute little heart wallet from Kate Spade. I’m in the market for a new wallet so I always have my eyes peeled for one that would work well for me. I carry a lot of crap in my wallet and this one looks like it would fit it all.
- I can’t forget the moms-to-be and H&M has some really cute maternity tops this season.
- Love Potion Number 9 decanter and glasses. I don’t have a bar area, but I would make an area just to display this.
- Target has some really cute Junk Food Clothing shirts with lyrics on them, and this one is only $15. Here is a plus size one in the same style.
- I’ve loved these shoes forever, but the question is black or white? I’m thinking black because that is my go-to but I could be satisfied with either.
If you celebrate Valentine’s then I hope you get spoiled or end up spoiling yourself.
You check out more of my Weekly Reads and Finds here