My two new shirts came in the mail today and I am thrilled with them. I was little concerned with not being able to try them on since H&M can have weird sizing. These shirts ran in 2, 4, 6, 8…. number sizes vs the s, m, l, so I was debating the size. Since I 99.9% of the time take a small in their tops I checked their size chart and opted for the 6 instead of the 4 I was leaning towards because they listed 2-4 as xs, and 6-8 as small, and I am glad that I did. While I probably could have got away with a smaller size in the wrap shirt, the black lace top has no give the to the fabric and a 6 fits perfect. I can’t wait to integrate them in to my wardrobe.
This week I was feeling animal/jungle inspired for my picks. I always think that I would love to have a very Scandinavian decor inspired house and then I see these bold prints, colours, and patterns and think that I would love to have them everywhere. Maybe I can find a nice balance between the two, but I just really have a thing for jungle cat prints. Speaking of, have you seen this Gucci wallpaper? I would LOVE to have a wall of this (or maybe this one or this one from Anthropologie). I haven’t wallpapered anything since my mom let me do a room makeover when I was 12 or so. I think I am due for a wallpaper fest 😉
SHOP THE POST
Weekly Reads (and maybe videos):
- Stop Shaming Women for Spending Money. “When Hillary Clinton gets a $600 haircut, she’s an out-of-touch narcissist. But Donald Trump can literally coat his entire home in gold and still be taken for a man of the people.” So true and so obnoxiously sad.
- And this is why I make sure that my kids get a good foundation of phonics. I also fill the house with great books to be read aloud by me or solo (for Roo). I think being exposed to these books at a really young age helped to make her a voracious reader.
- I really love soups and even better I love soups that are homemade with minimal ingredients so I am stoked to try some of these Healthy, 5-Ingredient (or Less) Soup Recipes to Make This Winter.
- This new show Everything Sucks! looks good. I was 16 in 1996 so it kind of really resonates.
- Why oh why can’t someone come and organize and meal prep my fridge to like this? Any volunteers?
- H&M has some really great pillows for $9.99 like this tiger print.
- I love have storage bins like this all over the place to hide the crap and clutter.
- It’s getting to the season for summer hats and this raffia sun hat from 7 For All Mankind is one sale for $45.
- This circle purse is so cute with a woven sun design on the front.
- Stripes forever in this blazer. You can channel Beetlejuice while wearing it 😉
- These red shoes remind me of The Wizard of Oz minus the sparkle. They are awesome.
- I love how you can find cool sweatshirts everywhere now. I love the leaf print on this one (it also comes in other prints) and it is on sale for $17.99.
- A twist to a classic loafer, this pair is made from raffia with a polka dot design.
- These wooden plates come in both a natural wood, as well as a dark finish and are only $9.99.
- When I saw these jeans I instantly loved them. They are everything I look for in a jean, and this weekend J.Crew is 30% off.
- Espadrilles are the iconic summer shoe. I prefer a flat pair over a wedge and these stripes would fit nicely in my wardrobe.
- A military look added to a trench. I love the edgy flare that it gives the classic piece.
- Add touch of colour to your outfit with these cute yellow, palm print socks from Anthropologie.
- A touch of wild to your kitchen with this leopard mug (a zebra print is also available).
- We used to have one of these hanging baskets in our kitchen when I was a kid and I loved it.
- This purse fit perfectly for my jungle theme this week. It’s fabulous.
- This is Merle’s favourite colour. I swear we have 6 yellow blankets floating around that all belong to her.
- This black wooden bowl looks a lot more expensive than it is. I love pieces like this
- What do you think of these frog earrings? I think I kind of really love them.
- These plates are soooo cute. I have one llama lover and one cat lover so they would be perfect.
- Soeur Women’s Vendredi Tote Bag handcrafted from woven raffia and is the perfect spring/summer accessory.
- A large jute storage basket from H&M for only $17.99 They have really been hitting it out of the park with one goods.
- Some fabulous cat eye sunglasses from Kenneth Cole that are on sale for $24.97.
- These tapestry mules from Urban Outfitters are on sale for $19. They also come in a blue tapestry which is also awesome.
- I have a thing for beautiful rugs. It’s probably because mine is so old, beaten up, and ugly 😉 This one caught my eye when I was scrolling through and comes in a few dimensions.
Are you more of a Scandinavian design or jungle fever sort of person?
You check out more of my Weekly Reads and Finds here