(You can click on any of the above items and it will take you to wear it is sold)
I nearly cried yesterday because I had to take out my winter coat. I’m not ready for this 🙁 I tried my damnedest to avoid going because I didn’t want to freeze my ass off but at dinner I realized that I did not have any spaghetti noodles on the shelf, so I had to walk down to the store. This also brought to my attention that Roo never gave me back one of my leather gloves when she used it to pull a prickly weed out of her flower pot this summer, and she can’t remember where she put it. While I have one pair of heavy duty warm mitts from Uggs (my friend gave them to me a couple of years ago because they were too small) I am more partial to leather gloves, and it looks like I am in the market for a new pair. I love winter accessories in general because when your whole outfit is covered by a bulky winter coat you need to have some of your personality show somewhere. I kind of want a flashy bright colour pair of leather gloves vs the standard black ones. I pulled a bunch of winter accessories above for you to have a scroll through.
Weekly Reads (and videos):
- A remarkable Jacobean re-emergence after 200 years of yellowing varnish (part 1). And part 2. This was actually very satisfying to watch. I’m pretty sure I could watch a Netflix channel based on this. Straight up restorations 24 hours a day. 7 days a week.
- Anyone want to move to Italy? Because this Italian mayor will pay you to move to his Italian village and the only requirements are to find a place to live and get a job that pays a minimum of $11,000 a year. I can pack and be ready within the hour 😉
- A Brief History of Sexism on Cable TV. This video is actually pretty disturbing to watch. It’s like those things that you see singularly and you shrug it off as one time thing, but put together is a compilation is deeply disturbing and we need to stop taking it.
- This Wearable Translates Languages in Real Time. I can use this when I move to Italy 😉
- If you haven’t heard this new track by Beyonce and Eminem you need to because It’s really good.
- How about a PieCaken for Thanksgiving dessert? I’m pretty sure that I would thoroughly enjoy this.
- Ummm Frye is having an up to 50% off sale. This is my boot in a shearling and I kind of really love it. I also love the Jackie Button short (I like the Burgundy), and the Phillip Studded Harness. Fryes are one of those investment pieces and if you can find them on sale they are well worth it.
- Pottery Barn Teen has up to 30% off with the code SAVEMORE Harry Potter line– and this is totally awesome because Pottery Barn has a new Harry Potter line. I love it all and wish I could get it for the girls. I’d get a house pillow for all of us because I am Ravenclaw, Roo is Hufflepuff, and Merle is Slytherin. Tom hasn’t taken the test but I would assume he is also Slytherin. I’d also get them each a knit throw (and maybe myself), a Golden Snitch clock, a storage lap desk, the Mirror of Erised, a Hedwig lamp, and the blue velvet quilt, with Daily Prophet sheets. All that tied with the all the stuff they already have would be totally kick ass themed room.
- LOFT has 40% off everything with the code HAPPY – This parka with the fur collar is nice and since I have to think of winter, you do too 😉 This dress is the epitome of fall. I also kind of really, really like this shirt. The two tone and sleeves are awesome.
- JCPenney is having and extra 30% off with code SHOPBIG3 – Their holiday decor is included in this sale too. Need a new coffee maker or mixer for the holiday season? There are some good deals running.
- Nordstrom fall sale is still running until the 12th so you still might find some good deals on pieces.
SHOP THE POST