SHOP THE POST
I have weirdly got into the habit of washing my hair in the sink and letting it air dry while I have breakfast, coffee, and putz around on the internet (otherwise known as waking myself up). Then I wrap it in a towel and shower normally minus hair wash. It speeds up the hair drying time which I hate doing, but I find it a weird habit that I started out of nowhere.
Tom’s birthday is sneaking up and I have no idea what to get him. What I did plan out was going to cost me $70 U.S. to ship here which is completely insane so I had to scrap that idea. I am open to suggestions ;)
I was hoping to have a quiet weekend but my to-do list keeps getting longer, so let’s start it off by some weekly reads and finds. There are a couple of good sales on now so scroll down below to check out my picks.
Have a great weekend!
Weekly Reads (and maybe videos):
- Ever notice when you start to spout facts to back up your argument it makes people dig in their feet and refuse to admit they might be wrong? Here is why. P.S. I love The Oatmeal.
- Don’t forget that this weekend is Daylight Savings. Boo to the shorter days :(
- I’m not a Millennial (right on the cusp) but I find that this Shopping Habits of Millennial Women infographic to be fairly spot on for me.
- Not only is Target going to now be in all 50 states, it is also going to It also going to look like Sephora but be cheaper. This is like rubbing salt in the wound of our Target free Canada. I miss it a lot :(
- 13 Successful People on the Books That Changed Their Lives. The book A Wrinkle in Time was mentioned in this list which we love here and cannot wait until the movie comes out (Oprah is Mrs. Which!). Do you love it too and are you going to see it?
- Do you like A Christmas Story? Neca made figures of Ralphie and his father that should be out in retailers now. I love giving collectables like this as gifts (or keeping for myself) and these are awesome. The dad even comes with the leg lamp :)
- There are a few sales this weekend but the most notable are Nordstrom’s Fall Sale (which is a biggie and goes through Nov 12th) and Banana Republic where you get 40% off with the code BRAMILY until Nov 6. I’m going to post some of my picks from each sale.
Banana Republic Sale Picks
Nordstrom Fall Clearance Sale Picks