I realized that I never reported back with the two pieces that I bought from ASOS that I included in my year-long capsule. I included them without actually having tried them on yet but I had faith in their worthiness 😉 They arrived in the mail about a week and a half ago and I tried them and took a couple of quick pictures. The T-shirt dress is the perfect length for me since I am short. I was worried that it was going to be to big and baggy on my frame but it works out nice. The kimono top is light, breezy and drapes well. They are good purchases that will get a lot of use so I am happy. They both look good with my leather jacket as well which is a necessary criteria for me.
- I am looking for an online Astronomy course that I can take with my 11-year-old. I am more interested in the classical astronomy of the study of stars because I think it will be more interesting for her at this time since she likes ancient Greeks. I am also looking for a decent but not super expensive telescope as well so if you have any suggestions for either I would greatly appreciate to hear it.
- I am also looking for a smoking slipper possibly in a leopard print. I am open to other cool prints/colours, but I am having no luck with something that doesn’t cost $500+ that I actually like. I am looking for a pair like this, this, or this minus the hefty price tag (they remind me of 18th century Marie Antoinette fashion which I kind of love). I actually like these ones too since I am a sucker for yellow and the price isn’t super atrocious although I would rather not have to pay it 😉
- I have stayed up way too late lately reading every night. I drag my ass during the day but night-time seems to give me a second wind. I wish that I could switch this around though because I need to amplify my day-to-day productivity. This means I need to go to bed earlier which means that it will cut in to my quiet reading time which gives me the sads. The book that has kept me up for the last week chronicles the history of hygiene and is called The Dirt on Clean: An Unsanitized History by Katherine Ashenburg . I’ve actually read it before but it was a long time ago so it is like reading it for the first time. I am all over the place in my book tastes but I really like being immersed in another time (preferably medieval) either fiction or no fiction where you can almost smell what it would have been like. Gross but I enjoy that much descriptive detail.
- When I posted My Year Long Capsule Wardrobe list, it was for as it stands at the moment. I admitted that there were some holes that need filling and would be filled as I found the pieces. One of those holes was for a striped long sleeve. I wanted one that was looser fit than the usual ones that I see and came across this boxy one at Everlane. I ordered it last week and it should arrive some time this week (if the customs people cooperate). I plan on updating my capsule collage as I get new pieces.
- I don’t know if you have paid attention to the issues I have had with finding a pair of boyfriend jeans. I posted my issues on Instagram and the responses I got made me realize that a lot of us are having these same issues. “The struggle is REAL” is a common response that I got. I found a pair (and they are currently on sale for $47) from Gap that actually worked that I will be taking some pictures of today or tomorrow. They are a slimmer girlfriend style but that seems to work better on my body than the baggier boyfriend cut. I will make a post about them soon.
Does anyone else have a love/hate relationship with boyfriend jeans?