Outfit 1 – Black Sweater | Black Pants | Coat | Loafers | Purse |
Outfit 2 – Striped Sweater (similar) | Grey jeans | Coat | Sneakers | Beanie | Slippers | Purse |
Outfit 3 – Fedora | Brown Sweater old (similar) | Jeans | Converse | Purse |
Shoes – Red Leather Adidas, and New Balance 574 both thrifted
SHOP THE POST
With the Outlander season finale on Sunday we have officially entered droughtlander time :( I can’t wait until next season. I wish Sherlock had a new season starting in the new year. There aren’t very many shows that I look forward to, but both of those rank at the top.
I got some really great things from Value Village this past week. The red Adidas and Green New Balances above were scored while looking for winter boots. A little bit of a sidetrack but they are very festive aren’t they? ;) I also got some pretty good shirts too that you will see over the next week or so.
Today is Green Monday. In my naive self I assumed that Green Monday had something to do with shopping ethically or buying environmentally friendly gifts from ethical shops. Not even close. It’s actually the busiest day of shopping in December because it is the last day that most businesses offer guaranteed delivery before Christmas (although that is changing with new shipping options becoming available). I assume the green represents the colour of money :/ So if need to get some online shopping done then Monday is probably a good day to do it because a) there are a lot of sales to encourage buyers, and b) your items will be guaranteed to arrive on time.
Did you get a chance to read my Aimee Kestenberg Bag review that I posted on Saturday night? If you didn’t and you have a Canadian address head over there and enter the giveaway to win the chestnut bag shown there plus a $25 gift card to TSC. The contest closes this Friday. Good luck!
Here are some of the Green Monday sales that I know of:
- Express up to 50% off
- Forever 21 15% off $75 with code SAVE15, 20% off $100 with SAVE20, and 30% off $150 with SAVE30
- Frye up to 50% off select
- KIEHL’S $20 off $65 with code JINGLE
- LOFT an Extra 50% off CODE: GIFTAWAY
- MADEWELL 20% OFF $100 & 30% off $200 CODE: OHWHATFUN
- SPERRY $15 off $75, $20 off $100, $30 off $150 CODE: STOCKINGUP
- TALBOTS 30% off one item or 40% off two or more items CODE: HOLIDAY
- TIMEX get 20% off + Shipping is free site wide CODE: REINDEER20
- WILLIAMS SONOMA Free Shipping, no minimum CODE: FREESHIP – 25% off Cookware – 20% off Gift Crates – 20% off Kitchen Linens – Up to 75% off select Cutlery – 20% off Bar Event
- Ebay various deals and discounts across categories
SHOP THE POST
I am going to have a holiday give away for my Canadian readers this weekend. I don’t know yet if it will be tomorrow or Sunday so keep an eye on your inbox if you subscribe to my blog post emails because it will be in there.
Do you know what I hate? When you are shopping on Amazon and are thinking of buying from a 3rd party seller but it doesn’t list where they ship from. How am I supposed to know if I want standard or expedited shipping if I don’t even know where it is coming from. Does this but anyone else?
I put together a gift guide for some cute, last-minute under $20 gift ideas from Amazon (because of variety, and the ability to order really late and have it still arrive on time). I hope you enjoy my selections :)
Weekly Reads (and maybe videos):
- This is truly one of the best articles I have read on women and self-care. Like it says, “True self-care is not salt baths and chocolate cake, it is making the choice to build a life you don’t need to regularly escape from.”
- Did you see who Time’s Person of the Year is? This movement is making me proud and giving me hope.
- Have you been following this guys Twitter feed? I have it open in a tab just so I make sure not to miss something. There is so much information that it’s easy to get lost but it’s been worth the read.
- You have only got until Monday to try the new Starbucks holiday Frappe. After the Unicorn frappe debacle I will remain skeptical but reviews sound promising.
- Diphtheria is back. Why is it back, and what is it. And to go along with that article this post gives you a real perspective of what an outbreak is like. Disclaimer: it’s a sad read.
- Ann Taylor is 40% off regular priced items and an extra 50% off sale. I like this polka dot coat, and this sweater looks like the one that I had my eye on at H&M but sold out quickly. If you like velvet then this jacket these smoking pants are really lush.
- It is 30% off all clothing and winter accessories at Anthropologie this weekend. I really like these monogrammed silk scarves, this faux fur scarf (in green), and this fuzzy cardigan looks super cozy (I’m sitting here freezing so I am searching out sweaters and cardigans today).
- I love Fossil and they have 25% off everything with the code HOLIYAY until the 10th. I really like the look of the Maya Small Hobo, and Rachel Satchel. And as you know I always wear a watch when I go out and Fossil has some really nice ones like the Limited Edition Nightscape, and their Smartwatch is pretty cool looking too. They offer complimentary engraving too which can make a gift much more personalized.
- Madewell’s weekend deal is 20% off $100 or 30% off $200 with the code OHWHATFUN. Keeping to the sweater theme that I have going on I like this two toned one, it reminds me of a baseball tee. And both this zip front cardigan, and blue patch work style is totally what I like.
- Remember that Amazon is still having the 12 Days of Deals where you can find some great last minute deals.
Make sure to check back this weekend if you are a Canadian reader to enter the giveaway!
SHOP THE POST
Since it’s December 1st (can you believe it?) we are rapidly running out of time for Christmas shopping. I decided to put together a 30 for under $30 gift guide for those of us that are on a budget or just have a lot of people on your list that you need to buy a small gift for. I looked for some cute/fun/creative gift ideas that should appeal to a variety of tastes. We have Both the cat bank (#11) and the Sorting hat (#25) for the girls and they love them (the Sorting Hat makes a fun room decoration too). I’m pretty sure the Nesting Dolls are my favourite from the list though because they would be a fun piece to keep on a book shelf (they also had The Goonies characters). Everything was selected from Amazon because they are the best retailer if you need to have something shipped quickly which many of us are looking for at this time of year. I’m talking to you, you last minute shoppers ;)
Weekly Reads (and maybe videos):
- If you need to get in to the Christmas spirit then check out how the amazing holiday windows by Bergdorf Goodman are made. I would love to see these in person.
- This video on how cosmetics were made in Ancient China is fascinating. I don’t think I would have the patience to do that.
- This is one of the best Christmas cards I have ever seen.
- Thank you sugar industry, for potentially damaging an entire generation of people :/
- I have done 26 out of 28 of these things on this list which is terrifying, and it would have been 27 but I haven’t dated during the era of Tinder.
- Hello big LOFT sale. You can get up to an extra 60% off. Still need some sweaters? This embroidered one is so pretty, and I love this one. It looks like my oversized striped sweater but so much more fuzzy and soft.
- If you are still in need of a party dress for this season then Urban Outfitters has 30% off dresses and rompers. Okay, I know I said holiday, but how about an awesome dress for spring? Back to party dresses. How about this pretty bronze one? Metallic green works for the holidays, or if you prefer jumpsuits then this one is perfect for New Years.
- Baublebar is offering 25% off with the code GIFT25. I kind of really love this necklace, and this one with a loved ones name on it. I’m not going to lie, while I don’t wear much jewellery I really do love a statement ring. And by statement I don’t mean a big, expensive diamond. I mean a giant cocktail ring or animal head ring.
- Pottery Barn is 20% off for a limited time and free shipping with the code CHEER. Are you looking for some monogrammed stockings? And if you love the Grinch as much as I do, you can pop over to Pottery Barn Kids and find How the Grinch Stole Christmas on a Duvet. I want this soooo badly and would keep it on the bed all year-long. It’s flannel too which is amazing to sleep under.
- And finally we have Express which is up to 50% off select. I love this colour coat in both the short and longer version. Women’s sweaters and jeans are both 40% off, and you can find some bargains for men too with jeans being buy one get one $19.90, and sweaters are 40% off.
I’m hitting publish before bed right now so have a great weekend!
SHOP THE POST