So these are the Gucci Brixton loafer dupes that I bought above. I love them. They fit great and do not need to be broken in. I wore them straight out of the box (with a sockette on) and walked around for several hours doing errands and had zero issues. I thought for sure I would need a bandaid or two but they didn’t bother me at all. The leather is extremely soft which is probably why I had no issues, and they fit true to size. I have an average width (maybe slightly on the narrow side but I never get narrow width shoes), and I wear and 8 and ordered an 8 with a perfect fit. I mentioned that I was having issues finding them in Canada and then I found them randomly on The Shopping Channel. Now with the easy pay, in three more equal payments they are fully mine ;)
- What I Don’t Tell My Students About “The Husband Stitch”. An emotional and also infuriating piece that is so well written. The link to the short story this refers to is also within the article and so well worth the read.
- The Most Accurate map that you will probably ever see and you probably won’t like it. It kind of puts things into a strange but cool perspective and shows how conditioned we are in to believing that the maps we see everyday are realistic representations.
- Did you know that your mind still works after you have died? Quite fascinating if I do say so.
- 11 reasons why you should follow KFC on Twitter. This is actually pretty clever and I am surprised that someone figured it out.
- Books from 1923 – 1941 are now liberated. Libraries are now allowed to scan and make available books from between these dates as long as they are not being actively sold.
- A couple more books to add to our Christmas lists are the newest Harry Potter Illustrated Edition (Azkaban) which is Roo’s favourite book in the series. And they are also releasing an illustrated version of Fantastic Beasts coming soon. I imagine that one will have beautiful illustrations and is a definite buy.
- Topshop has up to 50% off sale items currently. No code needed. I love this crossbody with a bit of animal print. These studded loafers are only $10 but there are only a few sizes left. Corset tops are also $10 and come in four colours. Who doesn’t like green boots? Some awesome looking maternity jeans if you are pregnant. I don’t recall having a stylish jean option during wither of my pregnancies. Or maybe just a black leather skirt for fall.
- Lord + Taylor is having and extra 30% off with the code FRIENDS. Need a new coat? They have some great styles for all seasons like this leopard print one. Christmas decor is also included in this sale, like this squirrel for my squirrel lover. There are also lots of good deals to find in the Plus Size department as well.
- Urban Outfitters up to $50 off node code. I love this graphic tee with one of my favourite shows, and this tee with one of my favourite bands. One of my biggest regrets is not seeing them in concert when I had the chance :( Storm Trooper or Grateful Dead dancing bear string lights? Ummm, yeah. And while I hate aliens, Roo loves them and would really enjoy this. While Merle prefers yellow and would probably enjoy this one.
- Madewell and extra 30% off sale with code GOODLOOKS. These boots are super cute and come in brown or black. A good deal on a pair of Converse with a twist, in pink or black velvet. And I love these jeans. I actually used them in a packing list of mine a few weeks back.
- Anthropologie is having an extra 25% off sale. Hello gorgeous velvet dress even though it’s super expensive. This super awesome fur coat that will make you think of Big Bird. And a super cute and colourful striped sweater.
- Pottery Barn Kids is having up to 60% off which would be perfect to pick up a few things for Christmas like stockings or advent calendars. I think this may be my favourite duvet print ever for kids, and it also has matching sheets. The Halloween costumes are on sale too for any last-minute decision makers.
SHOP THE POST