SHOP THE POST
I find that I spend a lot of time looking online for things that catch my eye, good deals, wish list items and things that we made or I made need. I have the tendency to save them all of them to various favouriting and bookmarks sites. What I end up with is just a huge list of items that continue to grow and that no one sees but me so this week I decided that I might start compiling things that I gather through the week into a collage at the top of this post. As for the best deal of this week, Tom found a pair of Frye Harness boots in his size at Value Village for $20. That was the best deal in a long time. They are like this in the brown colour. I can’t believe his luck sometimes.
SHOP THE POST
Wicked Witch bookmark | Labyrinth Pins | Extra Large Colouring Page | Mr. Tea Teapot | The Golden Girls Wine Glasses | The Hobbit Leather Purse | Vintage Movie Plaque | Large Geometric Rings | Patronus Chapstick |
SHOP THE POST
If you know me you know that I love Etsy. It is my go-to place when I am looking for fun, quirky, interesting, and one of a kind gifts for any holiday. I mentioned that for Tom’s birthday I bought him a Kiss t-shirt from there of a print that Gene Simmons used to wear during Tom’s favourite Kiss era. He loved it.
I went on this past weekend and pursued the gifts and pulled a few that I thought were notable and original. The thing with Etsy though is you have to pay attention to shipping times because many items are handmade and not already in stock, so if you need it for a certain date you have to make sure to order on time. I was worried that Tom’s shirt wasn’t going to show up because it had a 2-3 week time frame for which they would make the shirt before shipping , but thankfully it arrived on Thursday so just in time.
As for the pieces above, they are all awesome and many of them come with different options so make sure that you check out the sellers store in case you like a different print and/or colour.
- The wicked Witch Bookmark via MyBookmark– from the offer all kinds of bookmarks ranging from C3PO feet to Harry Potter Quidditch legs. This was the original though and looks just like when the house got dropped on her. I bought this for Roo several years ago and we still love it.
- The Labyrinth Pins via nightowlbuttons – I like adding pins to my jackets and the Labyrinth is one of my favourite movies. They have so many like Beetlejuice, The Golden Girls, and The Breakfast Club. Check out their store to see the full inventory. They are an inexpensive way to add some fun to your wardrobe.
- An Oversized Colouring page via Velvetmoustache – Roll it out and tape it to the wall for a huge colouring space. Your kids can make their own wall mural for their bedroom.
- Mr. Tea Teapot via Lennymud – I always include products by Lennymud because she is fabulous. I love her quirky sense of humour that she incorporates in to her pieces. I have the Mr. Tea mug, as well as the Lionel Hello is it Tea you are Looking for (which is my favourite ever). They have so many pieces to choose from that you can easily find the perfect design for anyone on your list like the vintage monsters or Tardis Teapot.
- Golden Girls wine glasses via LoveGoodThings – Do you love The Golden girls as much as I do? I want this set to have at home and would alternate between each glass each time I drank. Today I feel like a Dorothy.
- Hobbit Purse via KrukruStudioBooks – These purses are fantastic. I honestly don’t even know which one I would choose (I really like the cover they chose for Watership Down though). They are made from leather and look just like you are carrying a book on a strap. The green of the Hobbit is one of my favourite colours and since I am currently reading it to Merle it was my pick.
- Vintage movie Plaque via Woodprintz – I have a thing for vintage movie posters, especially the “horror” ones like this. If we had more wall space I would have more because they work with our vibe. This posters are printed on a wooden plaque taking away the need to frame them. Ready to hang and beautiful wall pieces. The Great Gatsby is a beautiful one too.
- Large Geometric rings via AquarianThoughts – I am not a big jewelry person but I do like key pieces and a large ring like that would work with my style perfectly.
- Patronus Lipbalm via GeekFireLabs– Calling all Harry Potter fans, you can carry your Patronus in your pocket. A great small gift or stocking stuffer. They also have many other to choose from like the Pickle Rick Lip Balm, Wicked Witch perfume, or Alice in Wonderland Bath melts.
- The Zoologist Perfumes made it in to my list as well but their store is currently closed until December 1st, so I could not include them outright. These are supposed to be very earthy scents and I am so intrigued to see what the different animals smell like. I think I would order the sample kit to check them all out.
Have you bought any gifts from Esty this year?
1.Faux Fur Collar • & Other Stories | 2. Yellow Coat • Mango | 3. Pink Fur • Zara | 4. Mid Length Check • H&M | 5. Short Cropped Style • Zara | 6. Animal Print • H&M | 7. Multi-Colour Fur • Mango | 8. Trench • Marks and Spencer | 9. Red Fur • Mango |
SHOP THE POST
I usually call autumn, fall but autumn sounds so much nicer. Is fall North American? I rarely hear autumn in real life, but I think I remember it more from when I was younger. But whatever you call it, it arrived in the northern hemisphere on Friday. And while I don’t usually post on weekends I thought it would be a good idea to get out some fall jacket round-ups even though the weather here is more like summer. So much so that we have hibernated and are keeping the curtains drawn trying to cut down on the heat in here.
I have a thing for faux fur. I always have, so I was super excited to see it in trend this year…or maybe not since now everyone and their dog is going wearing it, and what goes on trend must come off trend. I just want to wear fur without worrying about being off trend or on. I am obviously over thinking this. Nevertheless it is nice to see so many faux fur options this year. I have eyeballed so many jackets that I can’t figure out which one I actually want. The leopard one from last week? A muppet one? Masculine style? Military is always a good choice. A Biker Jacket with fur collar (totally my style)? Or do I want to look like Fozzy Bear? Maybe.
I went through and pulled some of my favourites that I have seen in my favourite places to shop. The prices vary, but none should truly break the bank….or maybe they will because my bank is feeling awfully broke at the moment :( I’m just thankful that both girls will fit into their jackets I bought them last year. Boots maybe another story. I may give Roo my Sorels that I found at Value Village (because they are a smidge tight. Completely wearable but they will fit her better and she kept stealing them from me). Then possibly find myself another pair because as weather forecasts go they are warning us that this is going to be a cold and extremely snowy winter unlike last year’s warmer than usual and dry. So a winter boot round-up may be around the corner.
Have you bought a jacket for Autumn yet?
It’s the long weekend In the U.S. (last weekend here in Canada) which has always been the “official” start of summer and my inbox has been bombarded with notifications of upcoming sales. As weird as it is because it isn’t technically summer yet stores across the country are having their sales to clear out merchandise to make room for the incoming “back to school” (my favourite shopping time) and autumn/winter stuff. What does this mean? It means that you can find your summer wardrobe pieces you have had your eye on for a significant price cut.
Nordstrom is having its Half Yearly Sale which means that you will find deals up to 40% off across all departments. We only have one Nordstrom in Toronto but it’s in the Eaton’s Centre and that mall scares me a little ;) so I have never been to the Nordstrom. They are also building one in Yorkdale which is much more accessible to me.
I love department stores and the mall near me has The Bay, Simons, and Holt Renfrew. Holt Renfrew is a luxury department store and the one and only time I went through it to check it out I was with Merle. At this point I didn’t realize is was super expensive so when I saw a Cardigan that caught my eye I checked the price and had to struggle really hard to maintain a calm look because it was almost $2000. I turned to Merle and hissed through my teeth to not touch anything and please stop Moonwalking through the Prada. Then I grabbed her hand and we slowly walked through the store while trying to keep the “I can afford to shop here” façade and trying to avoid having a Pretty Woman moment. Now when I walk by and see people coming out with bags of stuff I always wonder how wealthy you have to be to spend that much money and still be smiling and laughing when you leave because I sure as hell would be crying.
So while I love department stores, I only shop in 2/3 that are near mean (I mean can you blame me, I’m scared to breathe on anything) but I can’t wait to visit Yorkdale when the store is open. As for the sale, since most of my readers are U.S. based I thought I would pick some pieces that I like from the sale for me, my kids, my home and post them below.
Have a great weekend everybody, whether is it a long one or regular!
Check out some other notable sales that are going on this weekend too.
- Ann Taylor 40% off Full-price styles + Extra 50% off Sale Styles Code: SUMMER
- Boden 30% off 5 Days only + Free Shipping
- JCPenney up to 25% off
- Urban Outfitters Up to 50% off
- LOFT 40% off everything code: VACAY
- Lou & Grey 30% off all sale styles + free shipping
- Cole Haan Extra 30% off sale items
- H&M Deals from $5. Save up to 60% off and free shipping
- L’Occitane Free 3-piece Hand Cream set + tin with any $55 purchase
- Modcloth 15% off everything (reg priced items only)
- Nasty Gal 40% off your order Code: NASTY40