First off we went to see A Wrinkle in Time and it was really good. There were some changes and modernization but all in all they stuck to the book and it was nice and inspiring. Not a fluff movie and I hope that girls watch it and are inspired too.
I am feeling yellowish at the moment because I am impatiently waiting for the daffodils and tulips to start poking through. I need some colour outside. I made no new purchases this week…..well, except for my Estee Lauder Doublewear foundation from Sephora. I always cringe at the price but it’s the only foundation that I have ever tried that stays on my face all day. I really love it. I even got my mom using it. Yesterday I had several Asos jumpsuits in my basket but I didn’t go through with any of the purchases because the exchange rate pisses me off, so back to the drawing board 😉
Side note: I am still waiting for the purse I ordered to come into stock. It’s driving me nuts and I should have bought it straight from the retailer instead of preordering through Revolve. It serves me right for trying to save money on shipping.
SHOP THE POST
Weekly Reads (and maybe videos):
- Have you seen that Instagram might be fixing the algorithm back to what it was before (somewhat at least)? I really hope so because I hate not being able to see friends posts in a timely manner.
- So this book is totally awesome and I am really happy it is a bestseller. 100% of the proceeds also go to The Trevor Project, and AIDS United so it’s all around amazing.
- Have you seen the trailer for the new Fantastic Beast: The Crimes of Grindelwald movie? Soooo good.
- Two exciting things are coming out a) the Ninja Turtles is rebooting into a new tv show. and b) Frozen is now a musical.
- 200 Years Ago “Frankenstein” was born durng a Ghastly Vacation. What a crazy (and sad) back story.
- Cone Denim Super High Rise Crop Straight Jean – I’ve tried these on in the full length/ankle skimming style and they were great.
- Crochet handbag from Zara. I love the colour and the granny knit look to this bag. It would be a great statement bag to carry. Zara always has the best bags (and shoes).
- Puma Suede Classic Archive Sneaker.
- Rebecca Minkoff Women’s Cult Hoop Earrings. I have tried to get back into large earrings again. It’s been years since I have worn them.
- Classic Polka Dot wrap dress from H&M. I love the style of this classic dress. It comes in red which I make actually like better. I hear is fits small so size up.
- Gap High Rise Chinos with Belt. These completely remind me of the Pink Ladies from Grease.
- H&M Cotton Rug with Printed Motif. I love the snake design on this. It kind of reminds me of the Gucci print.
- Hanging Plater in yellow. It has a retro feel to me and would add a nice burst of colour to a room.
- Denim Kimono from & Other Stories. This kind of like mine and I love it. I am so excited that these are in style now.
- Anthropologie Classic Countryside Mural. This is a wall mural that looks like a fresco painting and I want it so effing badly.
- Rock ‘N’ Rose Rock N Rose Bright Yellow String Shopper Bag. I am all about a cute and stylish reusable bag (perfect colour).
- H&M Patterned Duvet Cover Set. A super cute fruit print duvet cover for kids for $29.
- Free People Torrence Flat Sandal. These caught my eye big time, the colour, the style, and the price (Only $68).
- MANGO Printed pyjama-style shirt. I am a big fan of this style of blouse, but this one stands out because of the print and colour.
- H&M Wooden Bowls. These nesting bowls are super cute and only $17.99 for a set of three.
- H&M Ankle-length Pants in a fabulous floral print. They are perfect for spring.
- A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo. This is the book I was talking about above from John Oliver.
- H&M Printed Hooded Sweatshirt because we all know that I am a sucker for a band shirt and this sweatshirt is only $24.99.
- Zara Slides in a fabulous yellow print fabric. They add a nice bit of colour to any outfit.
- Asos Stripe Straw Mini Shopper Bag With Bamboo Handle. Another great bag for summer. This one is a pretty colourful woven pattern.
- J.Crew Cap Sleeve top in Cotton Poplin. A pretty little summer staple piece and comes in three colours.
- Don’t be a d**k socks. These socks are hilariously perfect for me.
- Madewell Blouson-Sleeve Top is perfect for spring and is marked down to $29 from $88.
My husband called me at 9:30 pm to tell me that someone from work was crashing here tonight, so I had to do that panic induced clean up. Should I be annoyed that he let me know at that time or appreciative that my living room and bathroom look clean now? It’s a tough one to decide.
You check out more of my Weekly Reads and Finds here