My last post of 2017 you guys, and this year has been one to remember. Not always for good things either 😉 Is there anything you would like to see from me in the new year? I’m open to switching things up or implementing any new series if there is an interest towards it.
On Wednesday Tom had to meet someone downtown for a bit so we tagged along and puttered about while we waited. I ended up getting a custom tee made in Bang On which was fun. They have books of different graphics to pick and then you choose what type/colour of shirt you want it on. I got the Wyld Stallyns logo from Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure printed on to a baseball tee. You can see it in the photo above. That photo also summarizes my 2017 style uniform pretty clearly. I tend to gravitate towards graphic tees, jackets, and sneakers. New or used pieces, I can’t seem to get enough of any of them.
Weekly Reads (and maybe videos):
- As the year closes out this video shows that everything wasn’t completely bad this year.
- I recently started watching a show called Murder Maps on Netflix. The season 2 episodes 4 and 5 were about John Christie. The story was so messed up, sad, and almost unbelievable that it interested me into looking more in to it. I found out that they made a movie (1971), as well as a recent BBC mini series on him. I watched the miniseries, and plan on watching the movie. It’s so effed up and morbid, but I can’t look away. Talk about going off on a rabbit trail 🙂
- This article explains the mental load, the best way I have ever read. This is something Tom and I argue about and I can never word it the way I want that makes sense. This article explains it well and I should get him to read it so he understands what I am talking about.
- When I see things like these small changes over a short period of time, I never understand how people deny evolution.
- An upside to 2017? It has been a great year for women in TV. And that I totally agree with. Keep them coming.
Boxing week sales are still in full force and right about now you are going to notice most retailers marking down their fall/winter merchandise to make room fro spring/summer.
- Need jeans? 7 for All Mankind is up to 50% off. I know I just got a faux fur coat, but this one is also fab. I also love an ankle skimming jean is a dark denim or black coated denim (It kind of looks like leather).
- I totally love going to Urban Outiftters. If you can’t find something to wear they always have fun little kitschy things for gifts or the home. Right now you can get an extra 30% off sale items like these awesome red kitten heel boots, or Vans old skool sneakers. Looking for a pretty new bra (If you don’t need underwire) or some new bedding?
- Some of the Harry Potter decor is marked down at Pottery Barn. You seem to be in luck if you are Slytherin or Gryffindor because those are the pieces that seem to be marked down. Pillows, backpacks, or a knit throw. I love the new-found love for Hufflepuff since Fantastic Beasts came out. Is it to early to buy Christmas presents? 😉
- And finally we will round out the year-end sales with the Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale. A big clearout with some good sales. Since winter technically just started then it would be a good time to get some winter staples if you are still looking. I’ll pull some of my favourites and post them below.
Happy New Year! Did you have a style uniform in 2017?
Check out more of my Weekly Reads and Finds here.
SHOP THE POST
Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale Edited Picks