Have you ever played or do you have the Nintendo Switch? My girls have talked about if for a while but last night at the mall they had a huge demo going on to showcase the new Mario game; Super Mario Odyssey (I love Mario games), so they got to try it out and loved it. It was so much fun, except the part where Merle was getting her picture taken in front of a Mario graphic and they offered her the communal Mario hat for the picture. She took it before I could hiss the word lice 😐
Tom’s birthday is tomorrow and I had no idea to what to get him. My original idea fell through so I one with the trusty old Kiss stuff. He is a collector and while he once had a huge collection (and by huge I mean we actually had a large jewellery store glass display case in our living room) he sold most of it over the years when we were super broke. I think he would like to build up his collection again although I put my foot down to the huge display case 😉 I went with an Esty made T-shirt that has the Gene Simmons style from his favourite era, as well as several records. Now on to Roo’s birthday which is Friday. She was kind of hoping that the new Fantastic Beasts movie would be out this year, but it’s set for next year at this time, so I’m not too sure what she will want to do. Gifts are bought though and she wants me to reproduce the cake that Hagrid made Harry in The Philosopher’s Stone. It’s so awkwardly perfect that I hope I can do it.
Weekly Reads (and maybe videos):
- If you like Cards Against Humanity you will really love this. They have totally upped their game and bought land blocking his border wall. So awesome and I am loving that they have raised so much money for this.
- Remember That One Time “Friends” Replaced Rachel With A Random Person And No One Noticed? Nope, but I’m going to have to rewatch to see if I can catch it. Like I need and excuse to watch Friends again anyway 😉
- My kids want this. I just laughed and thought about how he would probably try to rip their faces off if they attempted. He’d let me but that’s about it.
- Some crafting for you. Next year’s Halloween costume? Not bloody likely but he’s really good at it. You should see his other videos. How about one of those huge knit merino wool blankets we see everywhere? This is pretty awesome.
- I’m not going to lie, I really want to subscribe to this. Not just for me but the kids too, because it looks like it would be so much fun. There are so many subscription boxes out there but this one comes with a mystery to solve which is right up my alley.
- Are you ready to up your holiday party game this year? Aside from an ugly Christmas sweater party because I’ve got the whole family covered with the sweater selections above. H&M has a Black Friday seek peek which is offering daily sales. Today is 30% off pants (taken off at checkout). There are so many good pants, and you could easily pick up one key item and work it to wear in different ways throughout the holidays like these tuxedo style pants or leather pants. You could easily pair them with just a plain t-shirt (this one is $4.99) and a blazer, or a sweater, or even just stripes with some jewellery and heeled boots. Side note: my leather leggings I always wear are included in this sale so they would be 30% off $24.99 (you need to size up in these though).
- I love Anine Bing although I usually can’t afford her, but I can when she has an up to 70% off sale…..sort of. The Charlie boot I want is on sale (but I still can’t afford them). A really awesome classic, yet modern trench, solid black hi tops, or a fuzzy black sweater with a sexy open back.
- Anthropologie has up to 20% off no code on sweaters and shirts (price reflected at check out). The Hygge cardigan is beautiful,and while I like the black and the grey (surprise, surprise) I really like it in gold. This one looks like a sweater my nana would have made which makes me happy.
- At LOFT you can get and extra $25 off of dresses, skirts, and cardigans. Like this closet staple cardigan, a knee-length sweater skirt, or a fall dress (I like both colours but am partial to the blue).
- Are you still looking for holiday cards? Minted has 15% off with the code BEMERRY until November 21st. The have their #GIVEHOPE holiday card collection for UNICEF which are beautiful, vintage, traditional, and even non photo cards.
- And if you just feel like buying something for you not just for a gift, then ASOS has a pre Black Friday sale of up to 60% off. I found a good jean jacket that has that slightly oversized fit in a washed denim. A pretty lace blouse from their Plus Size collection which would be perfect for a holiday look. And two things that I wouldn’t mind adding to my collection would be some mom jeans, and a tiered skirt.
- If you are partial to chic, classic pieces then Club Monaco has an additional 30% off sale. This hat would fit in my collection well, as well as a shirt that has a twist to the classic striped shirt.
SHOP THE POST