Sometimes I think that I need to expand on what I post. Get to posting more than 3 days a week to get some momentum and consistency out, and I thought I could try a weekly reads and finds post. I find that I constantly have a million open tabs on my computer at any given time. I am always saving, pinning, and Facebook sharing things that I find of interest so why not share here too. I wanted to also include any good sales or deals that I may come across as well because weekends are notorious for surprise sales to generate business. So here goes the first one and we will see where it goes from here ;)
- Because of the news this week there have been a lot of articles and stories floating online. This one is a great read called Harvey Weinstein, Hillary Clinton, and blaming women for the acts of men.
- Did you know that people walked a little different in the Medieval Times? No? Me neither.
- I’m so excited that there is a Volume 2 of Goodnight Stories for Rebel Girls and it has JK Rowling in it! Just in time for Christmas. It goes a along with the first volume which I consider a must read for boys and girls.
- Like pineapple chicken? This one from Budget Bytes is fantastic and budget friendly. Even my super picky kid ate it, and that in itself is a huge deal.
- If you are looking for a way to help the victims of the California wildfires you can donate here. You can also see this article from CNN that lists many different ways they are looking for help from people living in and outside of California.
- I think that I have enough sweaters for the autumn/winter season (as seen in above photo) but if you are looking still LOFT currently has 40% off tops. sweaters, and jewellery. I really like this Kimono Flecked Cardigan and this Fuzzy Open Cardigan in the Petrol Blue. They call it Midnight Spruce but I prefer Petrol and I love this colour paired with blue jeans.
- I’m looking for a new desk because mine it way too long. Wayfair has an up to 70% off sale right now and I really like this small L shaped one. It looks like it would fit in my weird living room corner perfect opening up a whole new way to move things around. I also like this one because there is so much storage on it. My desk is always a disaster from lack of places to put things.
- I have an ongoing search for a comparable Gucci Brixton Loafer that doesn’t completely break the bank but still looks good and will be a great closet staple. This Sam Edelman Loafer is the one I keep coming back to. It seems to fit the bill but I have been having a hard time finding it in Canada (with all the extra charges coming from the U.S would almost make it worthwhile to just get a Gucci). I *think* I may have found one. Fingers crossed it pans out, I’ll keep you updated.
- I saw this Free People cardigan on The Frugality this week and love it. It’s way out of my price range but one can dream right?
- I don’t get into an Anthropologie very often but when I do it’s hella fun ;) They too are having a sale this weekend ranging from 15% – 25% off in various categories. I love this fantastically colourful, embroidered bomber jacket. And because I am totally thinking about Christmas these ornaments are so pretty, as is this one, and this one. Being zodiac obsessed here is mine, the girls’, and Tom’s that would all look cute hanging from the tree. I wonder if my Anthro has them in stock.
SHOP THE POST