Tank Top • Mango | Graphic Tee • Mango | Wrap Blouse • Zara | Black Blouse • Mango | Striped Shirt • Zara | Yellow Sweater • H&M | White Alpaca Sweater • & Other Stories | Black Cardigan • H&M | Blazer • Marks and Spencer | Blue Jeans • H&M | Grey Jeans • H&M | Black Trousers • H&M | Purple Dress • H&M | Black Dress • H&M | Leather Jacket • & Other Stories | Black Scarf • Mango | Pink Scarf • LOFT | Hat • Club Monaco | Sunglasses • Nordstrom rack | Flats • Kelsi Dagger Brooklyn | Sneakers • Adidas | Boots • & Other Stories | Black Purse • Vince Camuto | Brown Crossbody • Gap |
SHOP THE POST
First off I want to share this jacket that I spotted when I went out to buy cat food yesterday. Yes, I can get easily distracted. It just so happens that we were walking buy H&M and I glanced over and there it was, right up front on the mannequin. It wasn’t busy at the mall at all at that time so I went in to try it on. If you go over to my Instagram you can see the photo. I didn’t buy it because only on a mission to buy one thing but now I am regretting it :(
Today’s post is for the outfit options for the Walk to Pack for Rome, Venice, and Florence packing list. The trip is for 8 days at the end of the month for a honeymoon (sounds amazing!) and she didn’t want to end up packing the same old stuff she usually does. I said I would put something together to give her an idea of the types of pieces she could bring and what types of outfit combinations you can make out of them. I put together 15 outfits from the following pieces listed below:
- Five shirts sticking to a generally neutral palette. One tank for layering of if it gets really hot, a graphic or plain t-shirt (I chose graphic because it adds some fun to an outfit), a wrap blouse which can be dressy (or dressed down with jeans, sneakers, and a leather jacket), a blouse, and a striped long sleeve (this style is more of a light knit).
- A few sweaters of varying colours and styles. A bold colour pullover, a neutral one, and a cardigan. The cardigan also works as a shirt when belted at the waist so you get more versatility form this piece.
- Three bottoms. I chose a darker denim, a cropped black/grey denim, and black trouser.
- Two dresses. You could easily get away with one but I included a black basic which will be very versatile as well as a dressier wrap style in a dark colour.
- A light coat or coats. This time of year can still be hot during the day but cool down at night so I chose a leather jacket and a checked blazer which is really on trend this fall.
- A few accessories. Scarves are a nice choice for an easy way to change a look (and for cooler weather, rain, as a cover-up) I picked a bright floral print, and a neutral dark. A hat for sun and/or rain, and sunnies.
- Several pairs of shoes. A short boot, a comfortable walking shoe, as well as a flat or other shoe that you will get a lot of use out of.
- Two purses in different colours and sizes. A crossbody, and a regular sized bag.
As for packing as light as possible. Make your outfits ahead of time (this is why I do the outfit options), so you have something to refer to when you are deciding what to wear. Omit anything that you don’t think will get much use. Pick your travel wardrobe from your packing capsule and layer well, wearing your bulkiest, hard to pack items, and roll everything. Rolling really works.
Now back to that jacket. Yay or Nay? On the Instagram comments they said yay unanimously but I thought I would ask here to.