Graphic T-shirt • H&M+ | Grey T-shirt • H&M+ | Black Shirt • Mango | White Peasant Blouse • H&M+ | Chambray Shirt • Mango | Striped Tunic Shirt • Mango | Grey Cardigan • Mango | Striped Pullover • Mango | Denim Shorts • Lord & Taylor | Midi Skirt • Simply Be | Black Wide Leg Pants • H&M+ | Jeans • Mango | Purple Casual Dress • Mango | White Summer Dress • H&M+ | Bathing Suit • H&M+ | Scarf • Nordstrom | Woven Hat • Nordstrom| Sunnies • Quay | Sneakers • Converse | Sandals • Birkenstock | Espadrilles • Soludos | Colourful Tote • Shiraleah | Brown Purse • Sole Society |
SHOP THE POST
I just walked in the door from a really long outing with the family today (Tuesday). We were out for longer than we have been out in one day in a long while and I was totally hoping it would knock the kids out but it seems to have energized them. I’m ready to sleep though. We hit up the museum where we each had our favourite parts; Merle was in geode heaven, I am all about the Middle Ages, Roo thrives on Greece, and while Tom isn’t a huge museum fan I think he secretly liked some parts because I caught him reading lots of information plaques and taking pictures. Maybe I will win him over ;) Then we hit up the big Value Village where we found some books, and then we went out to dinner. Now I am writing this blog post while eating my leftovers and trying to stay awake. Maybe I’ll rewatch Friends in the background to keep me alert.
This week I have a packing list for a 2 week road trip in summer than starts in California and goes to Arizona. Arizona is pretty bloody hot right now so I didn’t bother adding any type of light jacket. The thought behind this list is comfort, and I may or may not have included an extra shirt or two in case the heat is so intense you sweat through them all before laundry time :) The breakdown is as follows:
- A t-shirt, graphic tee, tunic, peasant top, black “dressy” shirt, and a chambray shirt for layering (or by itself).
- One cardigan, and one pullover which will work for air conditioning, and cooler days/evenings.
- For bottoms I included one pair of shorts, jeans, wide leg (loose fit) pants, and a midi skirt.
- A cute, knee length style, and a flowy summer maxi/midi dress.
- a bathing suit for any beaches, pools, or water parks you may hit along the way.
- Accessories which include a woven summer hat, sunglasses, and a lightweight scarf.
- Three pairs of footwear which should include a casual sneaker, sandals, and then something fun like and espadrille, mule, or flat in a good colour/print.
- Finally a big tote to easily throw all the car crap in quickly when needed, and a regular shoulder bag.
I made this quite a casual list because car travel needs comfort. If will have any situations that require something more dressy than black pants, and a black shirt then you will have to adjust the options accordingly. I will put together the outfit options from this list for the next post.
What are your go-to’s for a long road trip? I get car sick easily (it sucks) so since I can’t read then music is the next best thing. I would say a good playlist is a top rank for me, along with books and an iPad for the non driving parts.