Photo via Sincerely Jules – Coat | Denim Shirt | Skinnies | Stud Belt
2. Photo via Sezane – Leather Jacket | Camisole | Jeans | Boots
3. Photo Via Pinterest* – Poncho | White Long Sleeve | Jeans | Boots
4. Photo via Looktastic – Coat | White Long Sleeve | Jeans | Leopard Heels | Clutch
5. Photo via Happily Grey – Coat | T-shirt | Jeans | Heels | Purse
When I was a teenager I would endlessly flip through YM, and Seventeen Magazine for fashion inspiration. Since there was no online shopping waaaaay back then and the stores were limited where I lived I had to go to Le Chateau (which had awesome stuff back then) and thrift stores to try to reproduce some of these looks. The magazine I looked forward to all year-long were the Back to School issues because they were jam-packed with ideas to start the year as a brand new you. It was always an awesome feeling if you could find something you saw in the magazine in a local store.
Fast forward to now and I still look for fashion inspiration but usually it is in the form of Pinterest. My style boards are full of ideas I would like to incorporate and things I would buy if money was no object. Every once in a while I like to pick some of my favourite looks and try to reproduce them with options that are more in my price range. At the top of the post is my current Pinterest Fashion Inspiration board with copycat looks.
Do you make fashion inspiration boards on Pinterest? Better yet, do you remember YM and Seventeen Magazine because I am totally showing my age with that one? :)
* Sometimes when I find images on Pinterest I can’t find the original source so if this picture is yours let me know so I can credit you properly.