This weekend was the Fan Expo in Toronto. This and ComiCon have become traditional things we do in our family since my husband and kids have sic-fi/fantasy type interests. The last few times Roo went because there were Doctor Who actors that she loved who were doing photo ops. This year it was Harry Potter. I would have loved to been able to afford a photo-op trifecta with Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint), Draco Malfoy (Tom Felton), and the Weasley Twins (James and Oliver Phelps) but it wasn’t doable this years so the girls got their picture taken with Draco Malfoy (Tom Felton) even though Merle is obsessed with Ron Weasley for some weird reason. I need to find some place that sells a Ron Weasley replica wand because she really wants one for Christmas. So if you know where to get a good one message me or leave me a comment below. This is the photo.
Tom said, “boy he looks different.” and I was thinking, “I hope so since he was only a child when he started the movies.” But he doesn’t have a great concept of time and probably thinks the movies are only 5 years old ;) As you can see Merle wanted to dress up as a Weeping Angel again so and I won’t pass up an opportunity to let them get dressed up and enjoy themselves. Roo just wanted to dye her hair blue (somewhat, it’s more streaked) and wear a pair of wings. There was some really f*ing cool costumes there, especially a Minotaur one that was super tall and had a moving almost animatronic face. It was incredible and I wish that I had got a picture of it but I did find this picture of it on twitter.
There was so much to look at that I wish we had a bottomless pit of money. Some really cool gifts for the holidays could have been bought there. Roo wanted everything and Merle wanted some weird shit. She wanted a snake in formaldehyde, an animal skull, and stuffed dead rat posed and sitting on a toy dinosaur. Morbid much? She ended up getting a Boris Karloff Frankenstein T-shirt instead, Roo got a collectible first generation My Little Pony, and Tom got a few t-shirts. I got nothing except an $8 smoothie. What I really wanted though was a life-like Beetlejuice mask but it was $375. I’m looking forward to going to the next one. I hope it is in the spring.
Here are a few links and things that I found of interest this week.
- Since we are now in to September the holiday season is going to sneak up super fast. I love giving DIY presents when I have the time and motivation to make them and this list has 27 expensive looking inexpensive DIY gift ideas.
- Sometimes I wish I could wear this shirt and it exempted me from being a grown up for the day. Wishful thinking.
- A really cool looking necklace from Moorea Seal that I wouldn’t mind buying.
- This inspiring video from older women telling younger women to take time to relax, breathe, and let go.
- If you are introverted like me you will relate to these 30 problems that only introverts will understand. Spot on. I have battled this for as long as I can remember and it is something my extroverted husband never understands. My Myers Briggs personality type is one of the rarest of the 16 and that doesn’t surprise me one iota. I am an INTJ. This is a link to a free test if you are wondering yours.
I hope you had a great long weekend, or regular weekend for those that don’t celebrate Labour Day.
Subscribe to my Blog via email and/or follow me on Bloglovin’.